Borderline Personality Disorder — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Borderline Personality Disorder

Options
Annieanxious
Annieanxious Community member Posts: 46 Connected
My anxiety is spiralling out of control due to a huge mistake I have made with regards savings and benefits which I have reported and am waiting to be investigated.

I also feel like my BPD is flaring up. I am normally a private reserved person but I am now feeling needy and have lost all my filters. I feel somewhat out of control, much more oversensitive than usual and a complete fear of anyone being cross with me. I am in overdrive mentally and making bad judgements.

I have a very loud and brash neighbour who often asks to come in for tea. She always makes me feel rejected in some way but now it is worse than ever. I can't deal with her but I feel like I am looking for her approval all the time. To be honest I don't even really like her but now am being needy with her as I don't have any support.

I am in a state of confusion and can't even watch tv as I don't have the concentration. I went to GP last week and she was not interested at all. Just gave me eight diazepam, meant to take two a days so four days worth. No point.

I have rung the crisis team this morning, I was number one in the queue but nobody answered. I requested a call back but nothing. How long does it normally take? Thankfully I haven't had to ring them for a few years.

Am I even right to ring the crisis team?

Comments

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 611 Pioneering
    Options
    Sorry your feeling that way, Phoning the crisis team is a good step however from my experience they are useless in helping. Last year I was in a very bad state of crisis (hearing voices and being suicidal) and the only advice they gave me was to have a shower to take my mind of things, and said they had to go help someone else. They don't tend to answer straight away and take hours to call back.

I would use other services other than the crisis team, such as charity helplines such as shout, mind, saneline and samartians they help far more better than the crisis team. If you have a care-coordinator (CPN) I would try get in touch with them directly.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Annieanxious
    Options
    rubin16 said:
    Sorry your feeling that way, Phoning the crisis team is a good step however from my experience they are useless in helping. Last year I was in a very bad state of crisis (hearing voices and being suicidal) and the only advice they gave me was to have a shower to take my mind of things, and said they had to go help someone else. They don't tend to answer straight away and take hours to call back.

I would use other services other than the crisis team, such as charity helplines such as shout, mind, saneline and samartians they help far more better than the crisis team. If you have a care-coordinator (CPN) I would try get in touch with them directly.
    Thank you. Someone did phone back, she was very nice all though only allowed to do so much. What she has done for me is email my GP and told them how bad I am feeling so hopefully they will help more when I go next week. Sadly I don't have a CPN.

I'm sorry your experience was so bad. I think there isn't much they can do.
  • Bashford61
    Bashford61 Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    Options
    My anxiety is spiralling out of control due to a huge mistake I have made with regards savings and benefits which I have reported and am waiting to be investigated.

I also feel like my BPD is flaring up. I am normally a private reserved person but I am now feeling needy and have lost all my filters. I feel somewhat out of control, much more oversensitive than usual and a complete fear of anyone being cross with me. I am in overdrive mentally and making bad judgements.

I have a very loud and brash neighbour who often asks to come in for tea. She always makes me feel rejected in some way but now it is worse than ever. I can't deal with her but I feel like I am looking for her approval all the time. To be honest I don't even really like her but now am being needy with her as I don't have any support.

I am in a state of confusion and can't even watch tv as I don't have the concentration. I went to GP last week and she was not interested at all. Just gave me eight diazepam, meant to take two a days so four days worth. No point.

I have rung the crisis team this morning, I was number one in the queue but nobody answered. I requested a call back but nothing. How long does it normally take? Thankfully I haven't had to ring them for a few years.

Am I even right to ring the crisis team?
    Crisis team may be a start but do not expect answers from them if my recent encounter with them is anything to go by, Try Adult social services (did not expect I would ever recommend them ) but they at least put me on the right path for the help I needed, For financial help start with Finding free or affordable legal help - Citizens Advice. If your feeling you may harm yourself ring 111 or present yourself to A&E you will get help . 

• Bashford61
    Options
    116 123
    The Samaritans is a charity that provides emotional support to people who are struggling to cope. The phone number for the Samaritans in the UK is 116 1231. It is free to call and is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year1. As part of Our Frontline, NHS and care staff in England can call Samaritans' dedicated confidential support line free on 0800 069 6222, 7am–11pm every day2.
  • Bashford61
    Options
    116 123
    The Samaritans is a charity that provides emotional support to people who are struggling to cope. The phone number for the Samaritans in the UK is 116 1231. It is free to call and is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year1. As part of Our Frontline, NHS and care staff in England can call Samaritans' dedicated confidential support line free on 0800 069 6222, 7am–11pm every day2.
    116123   sorry i put in an extra 1 
  • Bashford61
    Options
    Oh the reason the doctor gave you a limited supply of drugs may show they were taking you seriously they may give you enough to treat your symptoms but not enough to harm yourself. 
  • Annieanxious
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions @rubin16 and @Bashford61.

I didn't really want more diazepam but four days is neither here or there. I wanted a plan of help I guess.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.