Think I've lost my Limited Capability for Work. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Think I've lost my Limited Capability for Work.

Wonderman Community member Posts: 7 Listener
So my Esa was done before 2017 and I voluntarily moved to universal credit in 2020. I've recently moved and joined my claim with my partner. Then had to go through all the BS questions they already knew about me and it litteraly felt like a new claim. Had to list all my conditions again and when they started (I was born with them) Now I can't find anything on my journal about my Limited Capability and says I may need to go for an medical assessment. I can't go through all this again. I know you've heard it many times but I can't. I really hope moving address with Pip won't be like this. 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,178 Disability Gamechanger
    When going from a single to couple claim or vice versa you always lose all your journal entries and past statements.

    You will not need to go through another work capability assessment. They should still have your details from your claim as a single person. 

    You should also keep the same assessment periods and payment date. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Wonderman
    Wonderman Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Thanks poppy thats made me feel better. I'll be getting a call tomorrow so I'll raise it with them. Thanks again


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.