Pip Query

Goldenben
Goldenben Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everybody,

I sent my review form back just under a year ago, and the review letter was sent to me around 10 days ago, which I still haven't received. The anxiety of waiting for it is causing me extreme anxiety to put it lightly. I do have 2 new health issues that have been diagnosed since my original claim, namely personality disorder and Mixed anxiety and depressive disorder. 

Upon just phoning the pip helpline, it told me I had a payment as normal on the 12th April, so does this mean my claim is due to continue, or is it just the simple fact that my review form isn't back yet? 

Thanks for your help. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,054 Championing
    What review letter was sent out? Do you mean the decision letter? 
  • Goldenben
    Goldenben Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    What review letter was sent out? Do you mean the decision letter? 
    Hi yes the decision letter, they have just told me over the phone that my claim is continuing with standard daily living and mobility.

The only thing I'm now unsure about is whether to undertake an MR, as I believe I should be awarded 8 points for acitivity 9, as at the minute I'm only getting 4.

I pretty much avoid any interaction, as it causes me severe stress and anxiety, physicially speaking my heart rate can go up by as much as 30-40bpm just seeing somebody walking towards me, this is in part due to my severe paranoia and the need to always wear noise cancelling earbuds whenever I leave the house. I have also experienced some quite nasty physical assaults, needing hospital treatment, as well as verbal attacks, which haven't helped my stress and paranoia. More importantly, I have regular violent ourbursts, If I think someone has said something to me, and they can also be quite impulsive and random, which has almost led to fights taking place. To me, this would at the very least meet the descriptor of (i) overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant; as this is what me and my mom both believe I should be getting. 

Is this something that is worth pursuing in your opinion? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,054 Championing
    It's not unusual for letters to take a couple of weeks to arrive from DWP. Even more so now with the Easter bank holiday just gone as this will only delay everything even more. 

To be entitled to 8 points for that activity the symptoms of OPD must be so severe that you're unable to function. Before proceeding any further I'd advise you to get some expert advice from an agency near you.welfare-benefits