Pip first time claim — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip first time claim

Options
mama101
mama101 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hello all, 

just after some advice please or story’s similar to yours at all? 

I applied on 5th October 2023. I don’t think I outlined/explained things very well at the time in my assessment which was in December. I got my award letter on 16th January 2024. I was awarded standard mobility and was thrilled with this but I was disappointed I did not get standard daily living as feel I should have I was given 4 points. 

In my original questionnaire I highlighted that I needed support for minimum 4 hours per week for managing my treatments I highlighted that I needed the support for “homework” based tasks for it sessions etc etc and attending the sessions. So felt I should have gained another 4 points for this to make the 8 for standard daily living at minimum. I have asked for assessment report but still have not reccived so the only thing I can think is that I didn’t explain myself clear enough at the assessment. 

There is a few other points I think I would have got as well but this was the main one. 

I asked for mandatory reconsideration on 26th January 2024. I done this in writing I highlighted what I said in my orginal questionnaire, why I needed this support, gave examples and explains how if I didn’t have this support it would put me at harm. In addition I sent a GP letting confirm my conditions and that I need the support for minimum 4 hours per week. I’m addition to this I asked my husband and mother to write a letter confirming this as well  and explaining what they do to support me. 

They have received all this information and just waiting for someone to look at it now. 

What do you think my chances of getting a positive result for my standard daily living ? 

And if a negative result now much longer will I be waiting for a tribunal date? 

Thanks in advanced! It is driving me mad

Comments

• mama101
    Options
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,702 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Around 23% of MR's succeed if yours doesn't its anyone guess how long a tribunal might be
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Kimmy87
    Kimmy87 Community member Posts: 317 Pioneering
    Options
    It's quite common for the MR to result in no change, so try not to feel too disheartened if that happens. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,573 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Can I ask what you mean by this..
    mama101 said:
     I highlighted that I needed support for minimum 4 hours per week for managing my treatments I highlighted that I needed the support for “homework” based tasks for it sessions etc etc and attending the sessions.
    What homework based tasks is it exactly? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mama101
    Options
    Sorry didn’t explain myself very well. For example things my OT would set me up with so either completing some worksheets, journal writing attempting tasks, mindful activities etc that she would like to to do before the next session. I need support for this and if I don’t complete them then it dosent have any benefit for managing my treatments etc 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.