Re wca — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Re wca

lydia5683 Community member Posts: 39 Listener
Hi, I was found lcwra which im very happy with for my wca scoring points on Initiating and completing personal actions. In the report the asessor only put this descriptor for me to be found lcwra stating I severely struggled with this task due to my mental health and that severe disability seemed likely in that area. They didn't focus on the other descriptors.

I was wondering if its because if you score more than one lcwra descriptors they only choose the main one?

I put in my questionnaire and my gp in the supporting report that I should also meet lcwra for managing continence, awareness of hazards and dangers and managing nutrition. 

Also in the report it didn't say that I also met the lcw descriptors and it said in the report that my assessment was curtailed on the continence part of the report. I did have a telephone assessment and my assessment wasnt cut short so why did they write this?

There was also harmful information in my report that I couldn't see.



  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    For LCWRA you only need to meet at least one of them. If they think one applies then this is what they will concentrate on. The same applies if someone takes it to Tribunal. 

    Why would the report mention LCW? It's irrelevant here anyway because you were found to have LCWRA. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.