PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Options
Cinders1973
Cinders1973 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I got a phone call last week asking me if I would want money in a lump sum and if I had support managing money??? I asked if a decision had been made and if I had been awarded PIP??
 The case manager told me that a decision still had not been made. I really don't understand why I got asked these questions and if this is good news? I even rang yesterday and the gentleman told me that it was currently with the cssc manager as we spoke. He said to ring back by Friday and there should be some kind of update. Please can you put my mind at rest because I don't understand what is going on

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,271 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sometimes that's one of the questions they ask if there's an award. Though I've known that question to be asked and there's no award. This doesn't mean you haven't been awarded, it would be impossible to predict that. I do agree that it's a strange question to ask if no decisions been made. 

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do until that decision is made, which can take up to about 12 weeks after the repot was returned. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.