Back pay — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back pay

Cinders1973 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I got a letter totally out of the blue. It stated that I had a telephone interview with a health professional from PIP about a review from 2021. I got rejected in that year and took off PIP. I totally forgot about me putting an appeal in but reason I did is because I should of never been took off it in the first place. If the decision maker changes their mind will i get backdated to when I put the appeal in 2021 September time? Please can you help me with this situation because it is actually making me poorly with all the stress. Thanks.


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,293 Disability Gamechanger
    A little confused here, in a previous thread you mentioned you're waiting for a decision to be made. Is this because you started a new claim? 

    The text you received is rather odd because when you challenge a decision you don't usually have another assessment, if one is needed, it's very rare. Is it related to a Mandatory Reconsideration or a Tribunal? An appeal refers to a Tribunal and you definitely don't have another assessment for that. It will be a Tribunal hearing. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.