Mandatory reconsideration LCWRA dates — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration LCWRA dates

Options
Blossom22
Blossom22 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi all
I was awarded LCWRA in January with payments to start in June because of the 3month waiting period. 
I have actually been signed off since the end of May last year and believe that I should have been getting the extra payments since last September. 
After some digging it seems that they are claiming I am only entitled from January as there was a short gap where my last sick note ran out just before the award was made. 
I have submitted a mandatory reconsideration, along with a backdated sick note from my GP to cover the period of the gap, and explained that at that time I was really unwell, with other big life events happening at the same time and I just missed it (and they never said anything at the time, only when I had to chase them to ask of course!). 
I’m fairly hopeful that this will go in my favour as they are not denying the entitlement, only the dates and it’s all hinged on the missing note which is now provided. 
Can anyone shed some light on how long this should take to sort out? There’s been lots of back n forth and I had been expecting to have this money sooner, and now I’m at the point where I’m facing being completely homeless in about 10 days. I had planned to use the backdate to secure somewhere but it’s taken so long to sort out. Is there anything I can do to ask them to speed it up? (Yes I am in contact with homelessness services in my area before anyone says it). 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,697 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It can take anything up to about 12 week for a decision to be made but sometimes it's much quicker than that. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do but wait. Once a decision is made you will receive a letter on your journal, if it was the Mandatory Reconsideration you requested. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.