If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip review

Options
Cinders1973
Cinders1973 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I had a review because I got rejected in 2021 for my pip. I appealed the decision and after that I didn't hear anything else about it until about 4 week ago when I received a letter saying that a pip health care professional would be calling me for another assessment because the information that they had was from 2021 and they needed to know if anything else had changed.
I had the assessment and then about 2 werk ago I received a phone call from pip case manager asking me if I would like money in a lump sum or installments. Also I got asked if I had some support managing money . 
 I then received a text message saying that they haven't come to a decision as yet. I rang again on Tuesday and i spoke to a man who said that my claim was with the decision maker and I should ring back Friday to see if they had. 
 The man who I spoke with said usually if they ring you about how you would like your money I would usually get awarded pip but they haven't come to al final one. I am very confused please can you help me

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,239 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I see you've posted a few times with the same questions. I totally understand how frustrating it is waiting but there's absolutely nothing more you can do until a decision is made. The decision can take anything up to 12 weeks after the report was returned. 

I know it's difficult but please try to focus on something else while you wait. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cinders1973
    Cinders1973 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Thanks and the reason I messaged you again is because I thought you didn't understand what I was trying to ask. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,239 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Apologies, I didn't realise you were answering the questions I asked on your previous thread. It would have been better to have answered on that thread because it would have been less confusing. Thread here.back-pay

To reply to a comment on a thread, go to that thread and comment in the box underneath, where it says "leave a comment" then click "post comment."

I'm still confused somewhat because 2021 was a long time ago. Are you sure this is related to that and you didn't start a new claim recently?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.