If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Got a support worker

Options
cupcake88
cupcake88 Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
Hi every one I have a support worker now as well as a nurse a social worker and a ot . Since moving and getting a new team they seem to have done more for me than my old team . Today my support worker took me and my dog to the park and then we went for lunch . Next week she’s taking me to tescos . It’s things like that I need to support with I’m gonna start dance lessons too which she will be taking me to . X 

Comments

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 620 Pioneering
    Options
    So glad you managed to get yourself a support worker. I have one myself and they make the world of difference. Mine takes me shops, out for walks, sorts my bills out and does litterally anything I ask them too. They are a blessing to have.

I'm pleased that you are finally getting the support you need put in place, support in the UK seems to be a postcode lottery where some areas are better than others and have better funding in place. Enjoy your dance lessons and take care of yourself.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,747 Scope online community team
    Options
    Oh that's excellent news @cupcake88 I'm really happy for you and your dog of course. ;) 
    Will your dog be joining in with the dance lessons? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,130 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 5
    Options
    Great to hear your good news @cupcake - as rubin16 says, he's found they make a world of difference. It's about time you got the help you need! Dance lessons sound like great fun, xx :)
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.