My PIP Claim — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My PIP Claim

Options
Garym1984
Garym1984 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited April 5 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there I applied for PIP in December 2023 and have had my assessment by telephone in march I received the standard text saying we have not yet made a decision , I have chronic anxiety disorder PTSD and under assessment for ADHD I am worried that it’s not going well as I was not asked for my bank details , plus my assessment lasted 22 mins 

is this not going to be a good outcome 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Garym1984 and welcome to the community.

I can totally empathise with how you're feeling, I struggle with some of the same issues and I know the radio silence is never helpful!  Unfortunately there's a fairly long backlog for PIP still, I think it's currently around 2-3 months on average between assessment and hearing anything back, so please try not to worry too much.
     I wasn't asked for my bank details either, they called me much later on for that part, so again, nothing to worry about there. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Garym1984
    Options
    @Albus_Scope thank you for your reply especially with waiting my outcome of the ADHD assessment they won’t take that into consideration until I have a definitive diagnosis even though they have rated me as red which is high , everything in my head is going a million miles an hour during this wait 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    No problem @Garym1984 I found the waiting to be the worst bit, it gives you far to long to think of worst case scenarios!  Have they said how long you'll be waiting?  Though remember PIP isn't based on any diagnosis, it's all about showing how your disability affects your daily life. 
    And if they do turn you down, it's not the end of the road.  You can still ask for a mandatory reconsideration, then go to tribunal if needed, which has a 70% success rate and is a load less stressful than the original assessment. 
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Garym1984
    Options
    @Albus_Scope hello again I received a letter this morning saying 

we now have all the information we need to decide if we can award you the personal independence payment

there is no need to contact us we will write to you when we have made a decision on your pip claim 

is this a bad sign 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,373 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @garym1984, Albus isn't working today, but I just wanted to reassure you that your letter is normal, it's not a bad sign. They will send you another message once they've made a decision. It can be really horrible waiting, but I hope you hear back soon :)
    Rosie (she/her)

• Garym1984
    Options
    Thank you I will update once I find out @Rosie_Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,666 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They will send you another message once they've made a decision. 
    As this is a new claim they will often send a text (not always) if there's an award. If there's no award then no text will be sent. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Garym1984
    Options
    Thanks @poppy123456 just on edge right now with all this 
  • Garym1984
    Options
    Just a update I called up today and spoken to a gentleman who told me I should receive a txt with my pip decision not really much to go by , I will update my outcome as soon as it comes 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,666 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Garym1984 said:
    Just a update I called up today and spoken to a gentleman who told me I should receive a txt with my pip decision 
    As I advised earlier in the thread if there's no award they won't text. Texts are only sent (but not always) if there's an award. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.