For people with physcial disabilities

Ricardointriago04
Ricardointriago04 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi guys, my name is Ricardo (20). I was born with a condition called Poland Syndrome. I don’t have a left hand nor a left pectoral. I am working on developing a website for empowering and supporting people with physical disabilities. The target audience is mainly teenagers and young adults and the goal: to accompany them through the path of discovering themselves while being different, in a society like the one that we life in. The website will include self - growth articles, online community like this one, online shop where there will be personalized T shirts and hoodies containing original messages to boost their confidence (a percentage of the earnings would be destined to a charity like this one), among other things. I wanted to ask you guys what do you think about the idea and if any of you would be interested in anything. I am focusing on physical disabilities because is the group of people that I belong to and understand what it feels like to be one. But, hopefully, I could help more people in the future.   

Comments

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 831 Championing
    Hi guys, my name is Ricardo (20). I was born with a condition called Poland Syndrome. I don’t have a left hand nor a left pectoral. I am working on developing a website for empowering and supporting people with physical disabilities. The target audience is mainly teenagers and young adults and the goal: to accompany them through the path of discovering themselves while being different, in a society like the one that we life in. The website will include self - growth articles, online community like this one, online shop where there will be personalized T shirts and hoodies containing original messages to boost their confidence (a percentage of the earnings would be destined to a charity like this one), among other things. I wanted to ask you guys what do you think about the idea and if any of you would be interested in anything. I am focusing on physical disabilities because is the group of people that I belong to and understand what it feels like to be one. But, hopefully, I could help more people in the future.   

I wish you all the best in your website it certinley sounds like a good idea, the only suggestion I have is theres alot of websites out there so you need something to stand out to make it popular. Kinda like a USP (Unique selling point) a suggestion you could perhaps get into is selling equipment or handy aids for disabilities in your shop that assist members. Also make sure your website is fully SEO (Search engine optimisation) friendly to make it easier to find and get more traffic.

Goodluck with the website though sounds like a good idea and I wish you luck.
  • Ricardointriago04
    Ricardointriago04 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thanks, Rubin. Thank is such a good advice, I will have it in mind. God bless you
  • egister
    egister Posts: 279 Empowering

Good luck!

• profsammayor
    profsammayor Community member Posts: 5 Listener

@Ricardointriago04 This is awesome; if you need my support in content creation; simple graphics and ideas, am ready to offer that voluntarily. All is well.