Pip timeline! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip timeline!

Options
girlmummy17
girlmummy17 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
Just a quick message to inform anyone of my timeline if people are waiting 
30th January rang to apply
9th Feb text to say it had been passed to an assessment provider 
12th March message with assessment date 
26th March assessment 
26th March we have received your report 
9th April we have awarded you pip text 

Turn around was exactly 10 weeks my first time applying and it was a pretty easy straight forward process considering how many horror stories I have read. Can breathe a sigh of relief now knowing my struggles have finally been heard x

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,404 Scope online community team
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @girlmummy17, I know many people find these timelines reassuring :)

Glad it was a smooth process for you and I hope you can relax and enjoy yourself a little now it's all over!
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • curiouskitten
    curiouskitten Community member Posts: 19 Courageous
    Options
    Hi, my assessment was the 25th of march but didn't get the DWP message until the 28th so hopefully will hear soon. I've got the report which gives points 8 and 10. Glad it went well for you 😊 
  • che123
    che123 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    I'm 10 weeks in this Thursday, had a call from the assessment providers nearly 3 weeks ago, they couldn't decide whether to go paper based or do a phone assessment. Had a text 7 days later that my claim was with an assessor, spoke to pip this morning (which was extremely difficult) to update them on my latest medication change and was a lovely bloke who spoke to me and gave me a heads up my claim is still with an assessor. Think I'm in for a long wait, and I'm almost certain I'll be doing an MR and appeal as I've never been awarded pip the few times I tried previously (was always awarded DLA though). 

Always brings a smile to my face seeing people getting through this daunting process nice and quickly. 
  • girlmummy17
    Options
    @curiouskitten fingers crossed you hear soon I got 11 daily and 10 mobility xx
  • curiouskitten
    curiouskitten Community member Posts: 19 Courageous
    Options
    @curiouskitten fingers crossed you hear soon I got 11 daily and 10 mobility xx
    You very nearly got enhanced daily. They scored me wrong on a few things, I'll send evidence to support my appeal if I need too. Thanks for your reply xx
  • Henna94
    Henna94 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Congratulations on your award! I'm 14 week's in, hoping it won't be much longer the wait is awful.

• DAZZWER2000
    DAZZWER2000 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Options
    Just a quick message to inform anyone of my timeline if people are waiting 
    30th January rang to apply
    9th Feb text to say it had been passed to an assessment provider 
    12th March message with assessment date 
    26th March assessment 
    26th March we have received your report 
    9th April we have awarded you pip text 

Turn around was exactly 10 weeks my first time applying and it was a pretty easy straight forward process considering how many horror stories I have read. Can breathe a sigh of relief now knowing my struggles have finally been heard x
    Hi , my time line almost mirrors yours  ,  i got my award text on 12th april .  Can i ask how long it took before you got backpay .  Thankyou .
  • girlmummy17
    Options
    @DAZZWER2000 it was in my account on the 12th so about 4 days 
  • DAZZWER2000
    DAZZWER2000 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Options
    @DAZZWER2000 it was in my account on the 12th so about 4 days 
    Awsome     thankyou x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.