About pip renewal - am I due back pay? How long will the decision take? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

About pip renewal - am I due back pay? How long will the decision take?

Options
leejackowilliams
leejackowilliams Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited April 10 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello sorry if any one can help I've read though so many trying to find answers my anxiety is going though the roof...
So I had a pip renewal phone assessment on the 21st March not heard anything back yet if I have a renewal  and I get accepted for higher pip do I get back pay? I've rang pip its still sayin I get paid my normal amount on the 19th April my normal payment date , how long is peoples decisions taking I've not recived no texts since the assessment about them not coming to a decision or that there still working on it is that normal 
Thank you for reading 

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,412 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @leejackowilliams, welcome to the community. I'll put your post over into our PIP section where more members with the right experiences can find it and help answer some of your questions :)

The decision times can vary a lot from case to case, but it can be quite a few weeks wait. Hopefully some of our members can share how long theirs took. I hope you're not waiting too much longer though, I know it can be a really worrying time.
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,744 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A decision as Rosie rightly says can take a few weeks, if it's a renewal then back pay will only be paid if you get an improved award and that will be back to the date the renewal started.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 612 Pioneering
    Options
    Decisions can take upto 10 weeks for a decision to be made, if your award has increased like woodbine stated then your award will be backdated to when your renewal started. You will sometimes get a text to say your renewal is completed however this is not always the case for some people.

Also the automated payment line isn't reliable and is sometimes giving wrong information.

Goodluck with everything.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• leejackowilliams
    leejackowilliams Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thank use all so much use all have been so helpful 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,759 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For reviews if it’s a review started by DWP and not you ringing to report changes then it’s down to a decision maker to decide whether to backdate your award to an earlier date, if it’s a higher award.

In normal times it’s usually paid from the date the decision was made. Due to the waiting times for review decisions they may award from an earlier date but it’s not guaranteed. Some are backdated and some are not. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.