Telephone assessment with DWP Health Assessment Service — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Telephone assessment with DWP Health Assessment Service

Options
MaaniMike
MaaniMike Community member Posts: 21 Courageous
Hi,

So after just over a year after submitting my review I have finally been given a telephone assessment. I was anticipating it will be with Capita or the other companies DWP use.

Anyone know who the DWP health assessment service are? I recall seeing some news of them moving these assessments in house but wasn't aware this had started.

Has anyone else had their telephone assessment with them. If so would you kindly share your experience .

Thank you all

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,740 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Who does your assessment depends on which part of the country you live. Capita or Independent Assessment Services deal with PIP assessments. 

For those going through the work capability assessment for ESA or UC it's Health Assessment Advisory Service. 

Are you sure your assessment is for PIP and not the WCA?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MaaniMike
    Options
    Hi Poppy

Thank you for your reply. I only claim PIP and receive no other benefits so is definitely for PIP.

I have uploaded a copy of the letter with my details omitted.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,740 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've not see anyone have an assessment with those before so that's a new one on me. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MaaniMike
    Options
    Yes I've asked on a Facebook group too and everyone is abit puzzled as is unheard of.

Even on their website it specifically says we don't do assessments for PIP and links you to information related to this.

I will ring them at 9am to confirm this is correct and if there has been a recent change to who is doing assessments.
  • MaaniMike
    Options
    Hi so I have tried a few times this morning and after being on hold a brief time it says no one is available and leave your details which I have.

The automated message does say they conduct WCA and PIP assessments so perhaps this is something new that is happening and it's no longer just Capita and IAS.

If I do receive the call back I will query to confirm this and ask whether it is a health professional .

If there is nothing else anyone would find useful let me know and I will post back as chances are I am not the only one receiving appointments with the Health Assessment Service for PIP
  • MaaniMike
    Options
    https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm5804/cmselect/cmpubacc/79/report.html

Found this report which means DWP will be moving assessments to it's Health Assessment Service as part of its transformation programme but mentions by 2029 so perhaps they are trialling it as it mentions London and Birmingham we first two areas to trial and triage claims. I'm in Birmingham 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.