Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Husband, his Fit Note and UC

potnoodle Community member Posts: 15 Connected

I am disabled and claim UC - I have the full component of ESA/WRAG. My husband has been off work from his full time job, sick for 3 weeks. He is allowed another week off, as per his sick note.

My question is, does he need to update UC with a copy of his sick note? I'm worried that because I think I will receive more UC this month, and they might need proof of his illness? He's received SSP for two weeks of his last pay packet?



  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,928 Disability Gamechanger
    Is this going to be long term sick or just temporary? If long term then yes he should report a change of circumstances and report his health condition and provide a fit note. 

    If it's temporary and he reports it when he returns to work he won't be able to be referred for a work capability assessment when his earnings are more than 16xNMW/week unless he's claiming a disability benefit such as PIP/ADP or DLA. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • potnoodle
    potnoodle Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Just short term. He should be going back to work once his sick note is finished.

    Thanks Poppy.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.