Blue Badge renewal - charges !

Options
Wibbles
Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,808 Trailblazing
I have had a Blue badge for a number of years and had to pay £10 for it on renewal
However - now, I am receiving PIP Mobility - I assumed that it would be free - but I am still being charged for it.
Is this the same nation wide ?

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,805 Championing
    Options
    They're free in Wales.  Up to £10 in England.  And up to £20 in Scotland.

I don't think £10 for 3 three years is a big outlay for anyone though.  It's about 25p a month.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,980 Championing
    Options
    I can understand the reasons for and opposing charging for it, but I think I agree with @OverlyAnxious

Without wanting to sound sarky, I think I'd suggest that anyone who can't spare £10 every 3 years consider whether they can really afford to commit to the financial burden of having a car at all, or whether they'd be better off not having one - seeing as £10 is just over one gallon of fuel
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,276 Championing
    Options
    I have no problems paying for this because without it I know I wouldn’t be able to go out as much as i do. It’s very little amount for what you get out of it. 
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,495 Championing
    Options
         I get my monies worth in the 1st 6 months, £10 for 3 years is excellent value. I really wouldn't mind if it was £10 a year.
  • luvpink
    luvpink Community member Posts: 169 Empowering
    Options
    £10 and its literally worth its weight in gold.
  • JessieJ
    JessieJ Community member Posts: 541 Pioneering
    Options
    It's £10 renewal where I am & it's the same throughout England, whether you have PIP or not. For what it gives us, £10 is not a lot!