independent assessment services sent me a text. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

independent assessment services sent me a text.

Options
Kizzie58
Kizzie58 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
I got a text last night just as I was going to bed.    I've never heard of these people. please reassure me they are not like  ATOS? was that the name?  Who were awful and seem to be giving the job of lying and getting as many off benefits as they could 

its been a year (next month that I posted my renewal for pip and I was given the 1 year extension.  
does this mean its almost over?    I cant do this much longer   I am i a OAP now and jut want a stress free life, They say on the website they are doing F2F assessments again as well as phone/video 

my problem is I cant use the phone and cannot go to them, they always came to me before but I see nothing about home visits.     

I just want this BS to be over.  like I'm suddenly going to get better  they knew I was never going to get better 20 years ago when they awarded me DLA for life.  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,666 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    IAS are Atos the only difference is the same change. Telephone assessments replaced home assessments, which they haven't done since the pandemic. 

Do you have someone that can be with you for a telephone assessment? (if it's needed) If so you can put the phone onto loud speaker. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • luvpink
    luvpink Community member Posts: 81 Pioneering
    Options
    Kizzie58 said:
    I got a text last night just as I was going to bed.    I've never heard of these people. please reassure me they are not like  ATOS? was that the name?  Who were awful and seem to be giving the job of lying and getting as many off benefits as they could 

its been a year (next month that I posted my renewal for pip and I was given the 1 year extension.  
    does this mean its almost over?    I cant do this much longer   I am i a OAP now and jut want a stress free life, They say on the website they are doing F2F assessments again as well as phone/video 

my problem is I cant use the phone and cannot go to them, they always came to me before but I see nothing about home visits.     

I just want this BS to be over.  like I'm suddenly going to get better  they knew I was never going to get better 20 years ago when they awarded me DLA for life.  
    Hi both my partner and myself had assesments with IAS
    Mine was telephone, my partners was f2f at an assesment centre.
    We both found the assesments to be very thorough and fair and this was reflected in the assesors reports.

• Kizzie58
    Options
    IAS are Atos the only difference is the same change. Telephone assessments replaced home assessments, which they haven't done since the pandemic. 

Do you have someone that can be with you for a telephone assessment? (if it's needed) If so you can put the phone onto loud speaker. 
    Thank you for replying using the phone has been a problems for me for over 20 years I just cant do it and having someone  here would just make me worse as no way could I talk about my personal things in front of people.    PIP knows this and know I cant go to them.   so will just have to wait and see.  I remember before I just didn't turn up and sent them a letter saying I would not be coming and they did threaten  my claim but in the end sent someone round to me.    I'm not sure what will happen have to wait and see, even if I could pick up the phone   im not sure I could breath or talk.  to be honest I hate the thought that they will push me to my limits or even past them and then I have no idea what will happen

I remember before I had a backpack all packed ready to just walk away from my home and life.  
  • Kizzie58
    Options
    luvpink said:
    Kizzie58 said:

Hi both my partner and myself had assesments with IAS
    Mine was telephone, my partners was f2f at an assesment centre.
    We both found the assesments to be very thorough and fair and this was reflected in the assesors reports.

Thank you.  I've had lovely ones and ones I thought were lovely but lied. I didn't know it was the same people with a name change I was worried they would try to be a new broom.   

I feel calmer now  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.