Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Need help with PIP England

Options
adamnoe89
adamnoe89 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
Follow up to my last post I received a text from PIP saying they have awarded me pip (new claim) I rang up to see if they can read my letter out over the phone the woman on the phone was very rude and basically called me a lier saying I didn’t receive any text about a decision from them and that i was disallowed I asked to be put through to a decision maker she was very nervous about putting me through I was put through and was told I was awarded enhanced rate for both living and mobility but then changed he’s tune and said he changed my decision last minutes i received a letter this morning 16/04/24 saying I was awarded enhanced rate for both tells me my payments and dates and how much back pay I’m owed I phone the help line back up and was told another story by another advisor and decision maker and was told if I was to be denied my letter was for an enhanced award  so I would now be able to put in for a mandatory reconsideration 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,096 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    adamnoe89 said:
     was told if I was to be denied my letter was for an enhanced award  so I would now be able to put in for a mandatory reconsideration 
    Sorry but I'm confused by this ^^ have you been awarded Enhanced for both or not?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • adamnoe89
    adamnoe89 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    Options
    I’m unsure Myself letter and text saying I have pip help line saying I haven’t 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,109 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would tend to rely on the letter, when you phone them you speak to a call centre and they ...let me be generous...can be easily confused, if you are due some back pay that will be the test when its paid in.

2024 Election won

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.