Hi, my name is Trickey28! Son didn’t attend PIP assessment Help! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Trickey28! Son didn’t attend PIP assessment Help!

Options
Trickey28
Trickey28 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited April 17 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi, 
my adult autistic son had his renewal PIP assessment last month, the day before he said he’s not doing it, absolutely refused, said he doesn’t want money from government, doesn’t want to discuss himself.
His needs are still the same but I couldn’t force him if that’s how he feels, 
on the day he had a call, he ignored it. He doesn’t like answering calls 
I’m so worried because he’s had a latter wanting the reason for not attending, I gave  his reason and posted it (recorded delivery) they needed it by 20th April, now had another letter saying they haven’t received it, 
I can’t get through on phone line. 
I’m worried he’ll get in trouble when all he wants is to be free of PIP, 
will they just end it or look into it 
thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,567 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    He won't be in any trouble. The worst that would happen would be his PIP will end. One thing to consider is if he's unable to manage his own claim you can be his appointee. You would be responsible for filling in and returning the forms, reporting changes and answering questions during any future assessment, as well as receiving his payments into your bank account.https://www.gov.uk/become-appointee-for-someone-claiming-benefits
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Trickey28
    Options
    thanks Poppy for your message, I have been worrying because it’s impossible to actually speak to someone!
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Trickey28 and welcome to the community. :)

I can see Poppy has already given you some top advice, but I just wanted to stop in and say hello.  I know many people recently have had issues getting through to the PIP line, it's often best to try first thing when the lines open. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Options
    Really, nothing to worry about, the claim will just end. But considering he needs the money, what poppy suggested seems the best way moving forward, by appointing you. Since he needs the help, he should have it and people with mental health struggles are known to refuse help of any sort, so you need to step up to the situation and make sure he continues to receive the support available from this channel. Call them, explain, try to put things right for him. Good luck.
  • Trickey28
    Options
    Hi! 
    Thanks for message 
    I called PiP 9am this morning, spoke to an actual human by 9.10!! 
    All ok, they may stop it or it will run till next Jan when it was extended till, no repercussions. 
    I can relax. Thanks 😊
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Blimey, congrats on that quick call! If only all our calls the the DWP were that quick eh? ;) 
    Really glad it's all been sorted for you. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Trickey28
    Options
    Was 2 hours yesterday then cut off!! Def best  call 9am
    i feel relaxed now 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.