Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Promotion being delayed due to reasonable adjustments.

Options
DmRitchie
DmRitchie Community member Posts: 25 Connected
I'm a civil servant, and despite my ADHD and Autism have progressed very well in my career. February 16 I was made a provisional offer of a role following an interview. The new role is at a higher grade, and a different area of my department and so I expected the things to progress quickly. Once I passed the right to work checks (when normally a formal offer is made and start date agreed), I was asked about any disability and any workplace reasonable adjustments(RAs). I have an existing RA passport which sets out contact, travel, workspace etc. My current role is as a Data Analyst and the new role is similar but on a larger scale. Once I informed the recruitment team of my disability and RA's, I was asked by the new manager to have an occupational health(OH) assessment to ensure that my RAs would cover everything for the new role. The OH appointment was changed 3 times, finally taking place last week ( 2 months after the provisional offer). From the report, the new manager has now said he needs to arrange a review of my RAs with the Lexxic (who do that type of work for my department. I expect that this will mean at least another month before I get offered a start date. I have tried every avenue at work to find support to challenge the delay, and even approached my union. Ignoring the financial implications of further delays, it is taking it's toll on my mental state, as I am anxious that they may withdraw the role (under restructuring). It is also very hard to focus on my current work as for each small thing I do I need to full document and train someone as hopefully I'll be moving on. 

I could really use some advice on how to challenge this without upsetting my new manager? 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,307 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey there @DmRitchie sorry to hear they appear to really be dragging their heels over this. I'm guessing there's a lot of red tape that needs to be cut through?  Have you spoken to anyone from ACAS as they tend to be a good port of call for work law related advice? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.