PIP appeal video next week, what to expect? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP appeal video next week, what to expect?

Options
trickyjacket
trickyjacket Community member Posts: 22 Connected
edited May 3 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I've read through the bundle but I'm feeling worried about the appeal itself. I've never had any contact with court or a judge before. Can someone talk me through what it's like and how it's likely to play out? I'm used to zoom and Teams meetings and I don't usually feel anxious talking to people but the fact it's a judge feels scary. It feels like a joint interview, which I know it's not!

Thank you very much
Tagged:

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
    Options
    Good morning @trickyjacket
    I'm sorry your post seems to have slipped through our notice. Have you had your tribunal? How did you get on? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • trickyjacket
    Options
    Thank you. I've just had it. I'm now waiting on the decision. They said they would make their decision today and I would either hear via the online system or in the post. So, more waiting
  • trickyjacket
    Options
    Update - 2hrs after my appeal I logged into my HMCTS online account and the decision letter was waiting for me. The secretary of state's decision has been set aside and my appeal was successful. I've been awarded standard daily living and enhanced mobility, which is exactly what I thought.

It's exhausting and a very long drawn out process but I'd encourage others to pursue an appeal if you think you've been wrongly awarded or scored.

I made my application in February 2023 and my assessment was in May 2023, just under a year ago.

So I think I'll be due some backdated payments which hopefully means I'll be able to get a mobility scooter.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,548 Scope online community team
    Options
    Ah that's excellent news @trickyjacket I'm so happy for you!  Now get some rest and buy yourself a little treat with that backpay, it's well deserved. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.