New rules against pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New rules against pip

Options
Bostankhan22
Bostankhan22 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
edited May 1 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am abit concerned because I recieve pip for my mental health and I am sick to my stomach knowing the prime minister is proposing scraping pip altogether and replace it with talking therapy, I don't see how that can work, we rely on this support and if taken  away our support and health will suffer, talking therapy will not help pay my bills, my transport, my aids etc. Please can someone shed some light on this matter. Thanks 
Tagged:

Comments

• Bostankhan22
    Options
    If this pip decision goes ahead when us it likely to start, these so called talk therapies. How can they scrap pip altogether and these people on pip are meant to live especially the ones with severe disabilities 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,701 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's been a few threads here regarding this. IF it goes ahead no one knows when it was start. For now everything remains the same and there's no changes. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,726 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's a proposal made in a speech, nothing yet to worry about.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Bostankhan22
    Options
    I understand you saying its just a speech but I am so distressed because they are saying people with mental health luke myself who has suffered for a very long time I have bpd I get very distressed and worry in this cost of living state were in this will cause so much frustration and I don't want to go down that dark road again with all sorts of thoughts going in my head the thoughts that I don't want to think about again. I'm so worried that these plans will go ahead and we who will suffer the most why they picking on the disabled people why take our human rights away. I've had talking therapy that made it worse especially re living my experiences and I have trouble engaging and trusting people and I am getting paranoid with these so called reform plans with pip.
  • Bostankhan22
    Options
    Any ideas when these plans are going ahead or what else has been said. I know scope have they too are disgusted at them hitting hard on the disabled. I have no support no family no friends, scope is my support and I am so worried I will loose it big time if they go ahead with this proposed plans .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,701 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Any ideas when these plans are going ahead or what else has been said. 
    No one knows what may or may not happen. Nothing further has been said.. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Meg24
    Meg24 Community member Posts: 58 Pioneering
    Options
    No firm word about PIP but A Rightsnet user reports that all ESA ESA/HB will now receive migration notices to UC by September, not in 2028 as previously promised. So due to erosion of TP we will all start getting significantly poorer from next April. My rent goes up by £10-15 pw each year so I will lose that as well as any inflation increase I would have got under UC. I cannot afford to lose any money. I wish more highlighting and protesting by charities would happen about this because eventually it's going to be a huge cut in incomes.
  • Bostankhan22
    Options
    Do you receive tax credits as I don't and was told the migration is for people who get tax credits. But the prime minister who is rich really ain't bothered about the poor he is just targeting us and alot of people who have one form of disability or another are worried 
  • MariaGi
    MariaGi Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    Prime minister for another 8 months, to be precise. I remeber the previous one promised a dozen things and lasted 49 days. There is a difference dreaming and actually arriving to something.
  • Meg24
    Options
    Do you receive tax credits as I don't and was told the migration is for people who get tax credits. But the prime minister who is rich really ain't bothered about the poor he is just targeting us and alot of people who have one form of disability or another are worried 
    It has been confirmed by the DWP that they are moving forward with full migration from September, with a view to completing it by 2025. The Tories wanted to delay it because they thought it would save them money but the DWP proved that actually we'll be the ones losing out, so they're going ahead with it. It's looking like this will happen before the next election so brace yourselves. It might be worth checking what benefits advice service are in your area and get prepared.
  • Bostankhan22
    Options
    Hi can anyone help as I was diagnosed with bpd now I want to know is this classed as a severe mental condition because I suffer so many emotions frim day to day some really worse than others. Not sure of dwp would consider my bpd condition as mild or severe. Just worried regarding the criteria for pip as they are trying to take away my lifeline not to mention my sanity.  Also any updates on these proposals for pip.
  • TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi can anyone help as I was diagnosed with bpd now I want to know is this classed as a severe mental condition because I suffer so many emotions frim day to day some really worse than others. Not sure of dwp would consider my bpd condition as mild or severe. Just worried regarding the criteria for pip as they are trying to take away my lifeline not to mention my sanity.  Also any updates on these proposals for pip.
    BPD includes symptoms that can put you or others at risk. I dont know how your condition affects you specifically, but it is quite far from anxiety and depression. While there is a basket called "psychiatric conditions" in the benefit system and they throw in anxiety and schizophrenia together, there is still a big difference between psychotic and neurotic conditions.

From what I have read, your condition is not within the target group they try to oust from benefits. I would not worry about it.

Try to relax please, I am in the same position like you.
  • Meg24
    Options
    Yeh, make yourselves comfy up there. When they've got rid of us they'll come for you, but we won't be there to speak up for you like you could do for us. 

Psychotic and Neurotic conditions are different  but Neurosis is not always less disabling. For example people with BP disorder have periods of stability, whereas my disabling anxiety never goes away. I might not have to deal with psychosis, but I am crippled by shame and thoughts of unaliving every day.

It's not a competition, and these politicians certainty don't see us as any different. They only pick on us first because we're low hanging fruit. 

We ALL need to fight this, even if we're not immediately on the front line.
  • Bostankhan22
    Options
    So basically people with bpd ate not targeted is that what you are saying.  I think they are picking on people with anxiety and depression which i think is ridiculous, mental health is mental health at the end of the day, we all suffer different ways. I can't see how they are targeting the disabled and think therapy is good for us, my therapy made me worse so how does that work out. I think we should relax and see what happens in the general election as its got to pass the parliament first. Let's all stick together on this.
  • letitbe
    letitbe Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
    Options
    Meg24 said:
    Yeh, make yourselves comfy up there. When they've got rid of us they'll come for you, but we won't be there to speak up for you like you could do for us. 

Psychotic and Neurotic conditions are different  but Neurosis is not always less disabling. For example people with BP disorder have periods of stability, whereas my disabling anxiety never goes away. I might not have to deal with psychosis, but I am crippled by shame and thoughts of unaliving every day.

It's not a competition, and these politicians certainty don't see us as any different. They only pick on us first because we're low hanging fruit. 

We ALL need to fight this, even if we're not immediately on the front line.
    I completely agree that it’s not a competition and that if this goes through more and more groups of people with be targeted . 
    I’m diagnosed with EUPD and panic disorder as well as a  few others  and they can both be crippling . I have panic attacks that are so horrendous that I just think I’ll die and no matter how many I’ve had and lived through  they never get easier to deal with . Depression and anxiety can be horrendous, these are not just the  “ everyday issues of life “  they can be absolutely crippling. I in no way think I’m safe because of my diagnoses , they will demonise us all. 
  • TheManFromLondon
    Options
    @Meg24 Dont get into the division culture. Autism has some bad face you are not aware of, including self injury, and autistic meltdowns that can cause harm to people around you.

Autism is monitored by Psychiatrists and use Antipsychotics for lowering symptoms.

Best stick defending your condition, its the task at hand.

It seems you have a culture of "if not me, then nobody"

Good luck on your next review.
  • TheManFromLondon
    Options
    Ignore the forums and the odd chap whom wants a bite from the cake. You have nothing to worry about, nobody comes for Autism. Mark my words, keep that post, come here and call me out if it happens. Because it will never happen.

Relax, and let the forums get hot. Not your concern. Misery wants company, thats all.
  • TheManFromLondon
    Options
    Meg24 said:
    When they've got rid of us they'll come for you [...]
    "See you on the other side Coop"
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.