Advice re. Asking for reconsideration of PIP decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice re. Asking for reconsideration of PIP decision

Options
miggins
miggins Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Good morning community.  My pip claim was summarily denied (i received this on April 11th)  & I'm asking for a Reconsideration.. it's 22nd April today.., & only just noticed letter was dated 19th March..   so am 3 days beyond the month allowed for getting back to dwp to ask ..  has anybody got experience of negotiating this obstacle ?
My particular disabilities include trauma-based cognitive/neurological symptoms which make dealing with any admin mostly impossible & the nature/language of PIP decision was devastating in terms of activating trauma response , which , if I was able to advocate for myself , I'd want pip to recognise in terms of not being able to process information.. 
Is there any way of contacting Pip faster than hanging on the phone for an hour and half ? 
Thank you. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,710 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You have 13 months to request the MR. As you're outside of the 1 month timeframe you will need to give a reason why you were late requesting it. If they refuse you can just proceed to Tribunal. 

The best way to request it is by putting it in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points. Please do not ring to request it. 

The fastest way to contact them is by telephone and the best time to ring is as soon as they open at 9am. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.