Had a missed phone call from DWP? Not sure it’s scam or Genuine — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had a missed phone call from DWP? Not sure it’s scam or Genuine

Options
lisawells1990
lisawells1990 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
This afternoon (22/04/2024) I heard my phone ring, I couldn’t get there on time. I looked my recent contacts then I googled telling me it was from DWP I spent the last couple of hours if the phone call was a scam or genuine it was hard to tell which one? One of the posts said about Universal Credit as I’m not on Universal Credit, I’m on income related ESA & PIP. Now coming to think of it that I have been racking my brain for couple of hours that I think I might be due for a Work Assessment as I did have one 5 years ago could it be that? I do suffer high levels of Anxiety & Autism. I’m terrified that I’m going to lose my benefit money

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,693 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It wouldn't be from UC as you're claiming ESA. DWP usually ring from an 0800 number, was it that? Usually when they refer you for a WCA you won't hear anything until the form lands through your letter box so I can't see how it could be related to that. 

If you're also in the Support Group then WCA reviews are suspended for the majority of people. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lisawells1990
    lisawells1990 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Options
    Yes it was a 0800 number. I’m on work activity group on income ESA so I had no idea until I thought WCA could be case? I’m not sure they will call me back the voicemail says possibly in the future? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,693 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your benefits won't just stop without a work capability assessment so please try not to worry. You can try ringing them tomorrow when they open at 8am and they maybe able to give you some information. Other than that I'm afraid I can only guess what they wanted. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.