back to college — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

back to college

Options
gh0sth0rses
gh0sth0rses Community member Posts: 10 Listener
i tried college in september 2023 and it didnt really work out, after dropping out my health deteriorated and i now use a wheelchair, im going back in september and im terrified, im worried about how much ill stand out from all my classmates. i know itll be fine but its hard not to be scared.

Comments

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,875 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 22
    Options
    Hi @gh0sth0rses Welcome to the Community. Well done for applying to return to college. Could you speak to the college to find out what kind of support they will be able to offer you. Will you know any of the other students in your classes? What subjects are you interested in doing? Could you do some research before you start as to what you will be expected to do and how many days you have to attend college. I wish you the very best of luck. If you have any questions please ask. Take care.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,379 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @gh0sth0rses and welcome from me too!

I echo Beavers words, applying to college again is amazing, well done you!  I totally understand the anxiety though, your feelings are perfectly valid. But don't see it as 'standing out' being a bad thing. You're an individual, as everyone there will be. I hope you make tonnes of new friends.  :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.