Hi, my name is steviewils! changes to pip is making me so scared and worried

steviewils
steviewils Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 23 in Start here and say hello!
Reading the online news today about changes to pip is making me so scared and worried like mad, I suffer extreme anxiety panic attacks etc well it controls every part of my life and believe me I have tried everything it’s just devastating that the governments is gonna try stop payments for anxiety and depression etc i won’t be able to handle it if it goes through there will be no way I can live and that will just be the end of me for sure 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,069 Online Community Coordinator
    Hey @steviewils and welcome to the community. :)

There's been a lot of talk on the community regarding the proposed changes, so you're not alone in your worry.  But please remember this is not set in stone yet, it'll be a long while before anything could happen, if it happens at all. 
  • steviewils
    Thank you for replying I really hope it doesn’t it will be like the nail in the coffin for me, I’m gonna stop myself from reading anymore news etc cause just makes me so ill, why do they say stuff like that the amount of people they are damaging is disgusting it’s like they see money more important than humans lives it’s so wrong and sad 😔 
  • Albus_Scope
    No problem @steviewils I think avoiding the press is a very good move. I think a lot of the papers are just throwing out shock headlines to get clicks right now. It's not good for anyone's mental health. 
  • steviewils
    Just one question in your opinion if it did go ahead would they be allowed to stop payments for people with really mad anxiety? They make it out like it’s everyday normal anxiety but mine isn’t mines crippling doesn’t take much to have a panic attack and feel like I’m dying etc takes me hours to get out of it usually after hospital visit breathing techniques etc therapy even the therapist said wasn’t feeling like they could help anymore and sent me to doctors, all don’t work for me or medication I don’t leave the house haven’t since I was in my 20s unless have to and that takes me hours to prepare myself etc just for short journey I’m in my 40s now never see anybody etc everyday is a struggle believe me if payments for my home stopped there’s nothing I could do but to end it 
  • Albus_Scope
    I'm not entirely sure if they understand mental health struggles in all honesty @steviewils it's like saying to someone "Yes I have a dog" there's so many different types. So putting it all under one broad category seems very short sighted and I'm sure it'll be raised by the powers that be before anything happens, so please try to put it out of your mind. I know that's easier said than done though!