Therapy and time off work — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Therapy and time off work

Options
Jadey1516
Jadey1516 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
Hi,

Wondering if others may know. I'm looking at starting a local programme for chronic disease to help with my depression. It looks amazing as you get a wellbeing coach, learn about nutrition and get guided on many areas to help self manage your condition. 

I worked back the time for my initial assessment to join the course today but am debating not doing the programme as will need to tell my workplace it is 2 hours every Mon from 13th May until 5th Aug. Is at 1:30pm for the virtual one which will save travelling time. I work from home 8am-4pm Mon-Fri with an hour lunch. Been further complicated as heard my hours may be increased from 7 to 7.5 per day and was considered working back the time on other days.

Do employers have to do anything for therapy/programmes like this? I disclosed the condition before joining the firm 6 years ago.

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @Jadey1516 that sounds like a great course to do and could be super helpful to you. Could you maybe ask your work about adjusted hours so you could make it to the course? You could ask for it as reasonable adjustments, especially as it would ultimately be helping your productivity at work long term? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.