My daughter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My daughter

Options
kj1892
kj1892 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
Hi so it’s my 4 year old daughter she’s been ill since 2nd October 23 with tonsillitis I mean really bad numerous antibiotics as to sit up in bed to sleep because of coughing coughing so much it makes her sick can’t go to school because coughing all night long so no sleep lost loads of weight because not eating properly through throat being sore she been referred but not till July but still very sick took her to A&E they
co do nothing just said keep phoning doctor they won’t do nothing anyone know what I can do next o and both drs and hospital dr said she needs them out but still they say they’re hands are tied any help would be greatly appreciated 

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,364 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @kj1892, I'm so sorry your daughter is suffering so much, that sounds horrible. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what else you could try beyond visiting an Urgent Treatment Centre or keeping in close contact with your GP for some better symptom management.

Has there been anything that's helped her get any relief? Awful for her, but incredibly stressful for you too I'm sure. I hope you're coping okay through it all.
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • kj1892
    Options
    Hi thanks for your reply. We’ve tryed everything I had her in a&e on Tuesday and they sent us home saying call you drs back and we’ll try an expedite it again but it’s down to the ent department the a&e dr and the go have Borge said she needs them  removed but we have to wait it’s impossible and to top it off I lost my eldest daughter at 3 years and 9 months old back in 1996 I am actually going through level 3 high intensity ptsd counselling now
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,364 Scope online community team
    Options
    @kj1892, I'm so sorry to hear you lost your eldest, that must be incredibly traumatic for you especially with all that's going on. I'm glad to hear you're getting some counselling for it, I know it's a long and rocky road with PTSD, but hope it's helping. 

It sounds like you're doing everything you can for your daughter. Perhaps some of our other members might have some advice and support to give too :)

I'll be keeping all my fingers crossed you can get a cancellation or the doctors can expedite the ENT appointment so she can start feeling more like herself again.
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • kj1892
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.