LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

Options
Aaliyah121
Aaliyah121 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
hello I was wandering if anyone could please help me understand so my assessment period when I first started UC which was 19th November 2023-18th December 2023 
however my first sick note was round about 7th or a few days after in January 2024 and I got awarded LCWRA on the 8th of April I’ve spoken to the UC people on the phone and others who have dealt with these claims and they said it gets backdated but in my journal it says it will not get backdated so I’m just confused does it really get backdated
also when my first payment will be of LCWRA because they said it takes 3 months waiting period from when you sent in the first sick note at the start/middle January so I thought it would be in April's payment I’ve looked at my statements and it’s just the normal UC so sorry it’s a lot but I’m just confused different people have said different things
also I’ve seen that is it true so you get £416 plus ur UC on top so 2 different payments happen and so like is my first payment would be may on the same day as uc or is it different thank you whoever will read this lol 🥲
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,623 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The waiting period is 3 full assessment periods from when you first provided your fit note. It's then paid from the 4th month after with first payment being the end of that month. This assumes there were no gaps in your fit notes until a decision was made on your claim. 

As you provided your first fit note in the middle of an assessment period then that doesn't count. It starts from the following AP. 

You said you provided it around the 7th Jan or a few days later but that doesn't help. I need to know the exact date you provided that first fit note. You can look back on your journal and it will tell you. 

Based on the information you gave your first payment will be either May or June. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Aaliyah121
    Options
    Hello yes so I’ve looked on my journal and I got it wrong the exact date my first  fit note was the 2nd of January so that should mean it will be definitely get payed in may thank you so much for replying I apprentice it so when I get it in may it’s an extra payment on top of my UC and does it get backdated with the 3 months or is that just a waiting period only thank you 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,623 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It’s not the date of the fit note. It the date you actually provided/reported it that counts. Many people get confused by that. 

Yes it’s extra money but it’s not the paid at all during the waiting period.

If you or a partner were receiving earnings  and you didn’t previously have the work allowance then you will be owed some money from that. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Aaliyah121
    Options
    Okay thank you and that’s when I first reported it that date as well it says fit note reported thank you and okay I understand 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.