Still Waiting for PIP Renewal Result After 8 months!

DMF
DMF Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I put in my PIP renewal at start of September 2023 and got a message in Oct that it had been received and processed etc. in March 2024 had a text saying they would process as soon as possible. Still heard nothing and it’s coming up to 8 months. As a result I have had problems renewing my expired Blue Badge as have no proof of any extension even though they are still paying me every month. I’m also going to have issues with my Motability car renewal for the same reason. I’ve tried to contact them to get something in writing to say it’s been extended while they process the renewal, but if you try and contact you can actually talk to them. You go through a menu system until the call just terminates. Not sure. What to do? Anybody else having similar problems?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,306 Championing
    There’s extremely long delays for review decisions and many people are waiting longer than 1 year for a decision after returning the form. Unfortunately all you can do is wait. 

Usually a few weeks before your PIP is due to end they will extend your award and send you a letter as proof, which you can use for your blue badge. 

For mobility because you are an existing customer you can place an order for a new vehicle because the rules changed last year. Or you can just extend the lease on your current vehicle until a decision is made on your review. 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 4,086 Online Community Coordinator
    Hi @DMF, sorry to hear you've been waiting so long and it's causing so many issues for you. We've heard from quite a few members that they are being cut off on the phonelines recently, so it might just be a case of trying again at a different time, frustrating as that is! Some people have had success getting through closer to 9am when the lines open, so that might be worth a try if you're able :)
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,395 Online Community Coordinator
    Sorry to hear you're stuck in the queue too @DMF it's currently a fairly long wait, but as Poppy said, when it's nearer the time for your award to run out, they'll send you a letter confirming your award has been extended for another year. 
     I put in for my PIP review back in Feb 2023 and I have just had my phone assessment, so there is movement.