Review finsished at last — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Review finsished at last

Options
Meredithshep
Meredithshep Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited April 26 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, I have been anxiously reading through all the posts and thinking the worst all the time. I had a good decision today.

My Pip review papers arrived the first week of May 2023
I had a message for an assessment on the 4th of Aprl 2024 which was a 2.5 hour telephone assessment. It did feel like an interrogation and I was left feeling that it hadn't gone well at all.

17th April got a we've made a decision text

Today the 25th of April the dreaded letter arrived, it was a positive outcome. My pip went from Standard on both to enhanced on both. 

It was not backdated and bizzarly the new rate is from the 17th of April, the date of the decision. I am relieved though and happy that I won't need to do a review again for a while, it was a 3 year award. Had it been backdated the next review forms would be on the way again a year sooner too. 

I was absolutely convnced that my award would end following the assessment. I did not put in a change of circumstances as the review papers arrived before I had chance and was also suffering a bereavement. I'm not sure that it's a fair way to review people with the huge delays as some get backpay and others don't, for me however I can now relax a little and get on with trying to get better. 

It's scary having a review and for a year like so many others I have felt on edge waiting, the stress that disabled people are put through is awful. 

Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.