New PIP form — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New PIP form

Options
ACovGal
ACovGal Community member Posts: 2 Listener
So we are in the process of applying for pip for my daughter. Had an appointment with citizens advice yesterday and the advisor took over and filled out the form. The problem is he exaggerated a couple of the descriptors and twisted my words and also missed some relevant information off as well and i am not happy sending the form back like that. Should I phone the helpline tomorrow explaining that the advisor got it wrong or shall i just tippex what he wrote out and then add what needs to be said? 

Comments

• Sim7777
    Sim7777 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Hi, I understand as I had an appointment and the same happened to me, plus is was only a few vague sentences for each descriptor with lots of spelling mistakes and typos ( I know not important but looked rushed). I ended up having to redo myself as it was so basic and I only had one day left after an extension on the deadline to get the form in.
    I am sure the C.A are usually so helpful with this and it just depends on which advisor you get so I dont want to be too critical. I would call up C.A and ask for another appointment, stating your deadline is very soon and perhaps you could go back in the the office with them and together you sort out the problems and get printed a new form. Maybe say only need a shorter appointment if it helps you get on, and go prepared for each descriptor what needs to be amended and added? Good luck
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 611 Pioneering
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend anyone use citizens advice to fill out their PIP form, they are known to do it incorrectly and not make it detailed enough for an award.

Instead you should aim to do a seperate A4 paper for each discriptor detailing how things affect them, what exactly happened when they attempted them, what the consquences were and if anyone witnessed them. Put their name and NI Number ontop of each paper and attach them to the form.

If you need further help with your forms or benefit advice, please don't use citizens advice in future. goto: https://advicelocal.uk/  and look for local advice in your area. They trained and give more expert advice when it comes to benefits.

All the best.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I wouldn’t recommend you use tippex because they may wonder what was originally written underneath.

Do not ring the helpline because that isn’t going to help. They are not benefits advisors and have been known to give some terrible advice. 

What do you mean they exaggerated some things? In what way exactly? PIP is about how you’re affected at least 50% of the days over a 12 month period. 

I agree with others and you can add information on extra sheets of paper. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ACovGal
    ACovGal Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou for all of your answers.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @ACovGal and welcome to the community. :)

I agree with the others here, it's worth just adding extra sheets of paper to explain things in more detail.  Best of luck with your assessment! 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.