Can I ask for a PIP review? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I ask for a PIP review?

Options
nattyb
nattyb Community member Posts: 35 Courageous
hi there, been a long time since i've posted! hi everyone, basically I was awarded PIP at the lower rate with no mobility element, about 2 years ago roughly, I also get the LCWRA element of UC. Anyway long story short, I suffer terribly with my mental health and Social anxiety, I want to work , I have had 2 jobs in the last 6 months both lasting only days as I just cant cope especially as part of a team, my anxiety and paranoia take over and i get really stressed and think i cant do it and that no one likes me etc, and then I don't sleep, intrusive thoughts get worse etc etc, basically i turn into a wreck. I keep trying as I desperately need some more money coming in but i cant face working right now, im just scraping by, also in nearly £2000 in debt with energy bill. I wondered after talking to a few others if I could ask for my my PIP to be increased as my mental health has deteriorated, any advise I would appreciate , I don't want to jinx what im already getting, I haven't been asked to attend a review or anything since I qualified for PIP. I dont drive so don't think i need the mobility part, I get taxis on the rare occasions I do go out, I find trams and buses very stressful, sorry for ranting xxx 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,744 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not driving doesn't mean not get PIP mobility, I'm not allowed to drive (epilepsy) and get enhanced mobility, you can put in a change of circumstances but you might risk losing what you get so get advice first (welfare rights or similar)
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• nattyb
    Options
    thankyou and okay i didnt know that! :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,762 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's not just as simple as asking them to increase your award. When you report changes they will send you another form to fill in and return. Another assessment is most likely because most people have them. Once a decision is made your award could either remain the same, be increased or stopped completely.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nattyb
    Options
    thanks poppy, yes i thought that would be the case, im just worried as you hear so many horror stories of it stopping but i do really need abit more help if possible. Would I just ring them? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.