Pip MR — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip MR

Options
LisaRose909
LisaRose909 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi everyone, looking for a bit of advice . I recently put in a pip MR after being awarded standard rate when I believe I should of qualified for higher and mobility....they said it would be looked at by last week.

I phoned up a couple of times last week after the date they gave without getting through to someone just to see if the automated payment information had changed , where when I first got the award  it would of told me about the original standard payment and date etc ...that was not there anymore, does this mean they have completely taken the award off me? Or do they just put a hold on the automated information whilst it's being looked at.

Thanks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,824 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I wouldn’t take too much notice of the payment information on there because it often gives incorrect information. 

The most likely outcome of the MR is usually the decision doesn’t change. It’s rare to lose an award at that stage, though it can happen. 

Only 23% of decisions change in the claimants favour at this stage. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • LisaRose909
    LisaRose909 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Poppy. That does put my mind at ease a little.

Will be happy to finally get the decision, not knowing puts such a strain on mental health!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.