If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCW to LCWRA crossover question

Options
Croftuk
Croftuk Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Can someone shed some light on this please. Been on lcw for approx two years and requested for a re assessment due to change in health. Provided deterioration fit note and requested new assessment last October which I requested my via journal. Was put forward for this and was awarded lcwra on 25th April following my reassessment. There have been constant fit notes in since l put the first one in and still cover me up until the end of April. I requested further information about my future payments in my journal and have had a response telling my my lcwra won't be in payment until September... This doesn't make a lot of sense to me and contradicts everything I've read online. I believed on getting the outcome my payments for lcwra should start from my next full assessment period after the decision and also that I should be backdated to the date I provided the fit note last October? Any clarification would be great as I believe whoever has left that note on my journal and given me either a wrong decision or wrong information. Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,046 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As usual they are not correct here and you are right with your thoughts. 

As you were already found to have LCWRA then there’s no waiting period. The extra money is paid from the assessment period in which you reported the changes.

Put a message on your journal under the payment section and remind them that you already had LCW and due to you reporting changes the extra money is from that assessment period.

It annoys me that they get their wrong so often and they really shouldn’t be. UC is not a new benefit and has been around long enough of them to know the law. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Croftuk
    Options
    Thanks so much for your response. And Im glad you confirmed my suspicions. So they should be backdating me to when I requested the re assessment in my journal? This was requested in October and the sick note was backdated to 7 days prior to me requesting the reassessment and being asked to provide that evidence... Also, I did ask for this reassessment In August but nobody replied to that message I left so would they just backdate it from when they replied to me asking for the fit note of the deterioration or would they go back to when I originally asked (the fit note only runs from the second request, not back to august) appreciate your help 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Most likely from when you provided the fit note. Though you can argue that you did request it in August. Had you reported a change of health condition as a change of circumstances then it should have prompted you to provide a fit note anyway. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Croftuk
    edited April 28
    Options
    I asked initially on 22nd August and wasn't advised to report a change of circumstances at that point. My fit note only runs from when I asked again in October.. What should I do in your opinion. Request they sort the back pay from that date or just stick with the October date where they have the fit notes from? Also do you think it will be easy enough to sort or will I have to go down a reconsideration route? I'm hoping it will be easy as it's  a clear error they have made. 

• Croftuk
    Options
    The change of circumstances for my health decline was done via my journal in October when I asked for reassessment for the second time. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,095 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Croftuk, if you didn't provide the fit note until October it'll only run from then. 
    As an aside, I've edited your image to remove the names and location to protect your identity. :) 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Croftuk
    Options
    OK Adrian. So thanks both. So just to reiterate I am 100% entitled to be backdated from October when I requested and reported my change of circs and that no waiting period will happen because I was in lcw prior to my lcwra decision? Also would my future payments be included from my next full assessment period? And not as the agent mentioned in the earlier screenshot (September) thanks guys 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I see you were advised to provide a fit note on 22nd August. As you didn’t do that then it will be from the fit note in October. 
  • Croftuk
    Options
    I've left detailed notes but will get onto them on the morning via phone. Hopefully they sort it without an appeal and more waiting time. From my explanation and what you guys have said they have a basic error and should.... Hopefully... Be able to be rectified without too much trouble. The agent who advised on the first note about the September payment left the note at after half 6 in the evening on a Friday so I'm wondering if he was rushing to get out of work and just left a standard note without reviewing the actual back details. But thanks guys it's appreciated for confirming what I suspected. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.