If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA Contradiction Query

Options
jamusmt8893
jamusmt8893 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 13 in Universal Credit (UC)
I am currently on UC with LCWRA, since late summer 2023. 

I want to push myself more but I’m not at all sure how it would go, and it feels somewhat risky I guess. The work is in a warehouse, and 7.5 hours x 5 per week. Im really looking at this ‘job’ as more of a testing of the waters to see how things feel. My original award was given owing to my issue with severe anxiety/depression, visual issues too. I’m not sure what is causing my visual issues, I’ve had my eyes checked last year after I got LCWRA awarded and no issue identified apparently. It’s possibly severe eye strain from being in the dark and looking at small screens too much but whether I’ve done long term damage to my eyes I just don’t know. Some days are somewhat more manageable than others. I’ve had long stretches not leaving the house at all in the past year and then having a good week before I burn out again.

I know this is a question that gets asked a lot but it seems somewhat vague what the consequences for me could be (or not).. the work could be seen as a contradiction. In the longer term I am perfectly happy to come off benefits if I am heading in the right direction in terms of my health.. but right now I’m still on shaky foundations.

What is the situation from the DWP perspective is what I’d appreciate knowing. Will they be fast tracking me for reassessment and how much notice do they give for that? Or is this a case where they’ll leave me to it and simply ask questions or whatever when my reassessments happens, as it would whether I’m working or not. Is this something J should be careful about. I want to work but I’m not really sure it’s worth the risk if I end up losing my award and then sent straight back into a poverty spiral later down the track. I just want time to see how things go. Thanks for any help with this.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,046 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Reviews for those that have LCWRA are currently suspended for the majority of people. 

Whether  starting work will prompt a review for you then I’m afraid I couldn’t tell you. 

When you do have a review if you have access to a journal you will receive a letter on there telling you they are referring you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hxhzizjxjzj98
    hxhzizjxjzj98 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I am currently on UC with LCWRA, since late summer 2023. 

I want to push myself more but I’m not at all sure how it would go, and it feels somewhat risky I guess. The work is in a warehouse, and 7.5 hours x 5 per week. Im really looking at this ‘job’ as more of a testing of the waters to see how things feel. My original award was given owing to my issue with severe anxiety/depression, visual issues too. I’m not sure what is causing my visual issues, I’ve had my eyes checked last year after I got LCWRA awarded and no issue identified apparently. It’s possibly severe eye strain from being in the dark and looking at small screens too much but whether I’ve done long term damage to my eyes I just don’t know. Some days are somewhat more manageable than others. I’ve had long stretches not leaving the house at all in the past year and then having a good week before I burn out again.

I know this is a question that gets asked a lot but it seems somewhat vague what the consequences for me could be (or not).. the work could be seen as a contradiction. In the longer term I am perfectly happy to come off benefits if I am heading in the right direction in terms of my health.. but right now I’m still on shaky foundations.

What is the situation from the DWP perspective is what I’d appreciate knowing. Will they be fast tracking me for reassessment and how much notice do they give for that? Or is this a case where they’ll leave me to it and simply ask questions or whatever when my reassessments happens, as it would whether I’m working or not. Is this something J should be careful about. I want to work but I’m not really sure it’s worth the risk if I end up losing my award and then sent straight back into a poverty spiral later down the track. I just want time to see how things go. Thanks for any help with this.
    This is EXACTLY what i'm going through. I was also awarded for mental health, I never said I was unable to leave the house just explain them my symptoms. I also do agency work and work on and off I always feel like could this condradict anything or create an issue. I know how all this feels and its also the unknown that creates anxiety. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.