If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New style esa

Options
lizptsd
lizptsd Community member Posts: 28 Listener
Hi sorry in advance if I am repeating myself! I filled in a UC50 form in January and UC awarded me LCWRA in April. Due to the difference in NI contributions I went ahead and started a claim for new style ESA today as my SSP and work contract ends 17th May. Will I have to go through the assessment stage and fill in a ESA50 form and go through the whole process again? I really can't face going through it all again.
Can you close a claim / change your mind? The thought of having to get the Fit notes again after the SSP ends is making me really shakey and tearful as the relief at not having to submit them again was such a relief. 

Comments

• lizptsd
    Options
    No one at ESA or UC gave me any advice and I did it online as their systems were down. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No, you will not need another assessment because you’ve already had one through UC. If entitled to payments for ESA you will receive the assessment rate for 13 weeks and then it will increase to Support Group rate from the 14th week of your claim. 

There’s no financial gain though to claiming both at the same time and the ESA will be deducted in full from any UC entitlement. The ESA will be paid fortnightly and UC monthly. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lizptsd
    Options
    Thanks Poppy do you know if I have to supply fit notes for the assessment period. I'm due to ask for another one tomorrow so I can get my final SSP. The reason I made the claim was due to the NI contributions and the fact that it's paid two weekly so it's easier to budget. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No, you will not need to provide fit notes. Make sure you tell them that you’re claiming UC and been found to have LCWRA. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • lizptsd
    Options
    Many thanks Poppy thanks again 😊
  • lizptsd
    Options
    Hi Poppy sorry me again as I applied online as their systems were down and they couldn't take phone calls is it best to wait until the phone appointment to tell them about about UC and LCWRA or try and call them to let them know when the phone lines are up and running. 
    Do you know the best number for them as they can be quite offish if you call the wrong number. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You’re welcome. I would wait until you hear from them. You should receive an appointment with a work coach soon. 
  • lizptsd
    Options
    Thanks again Poppy 😊
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.