If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review

Options
bubblecake263
bubblecake263 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
edited May 3 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, 

Since reading all the news about pip I’ve been panicking and feeling anxious all day. I can’t even sleep properly as I’m terrified of what’s gonna happen

ive Sent my review form two weeks ago, and I received a text saying they received it. I was going through my old letters and I found my pip and it stated there my pip is extended to 2026 and yet I received the form.

im honestly so worried about all this. I have hearing impaired since I was 7, annd still wear hearing and to this day  and I have bad depression and anxious I get panic attack often, when I feel overwhelmed my thoughts tends to go dark. I am on stronger dose for depression that I take in the morning 40mg and in the night 100mg along with propopalolo 40mg for anxiety, I mentioned that all in the review form even sent my medical report of the medications. I’m just retried if the government decide to stop my payment and tell me to go to counselling instead, I’ve had counselling before I end up panicking so much that I had mental break down. I was advice not to go to counselling by doctor 

should I be worried with everything that is going on? I’ve been on pip since I was in high school I’m 30 now. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,546 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @bubblecake263, I know it's hard when the news is everywhere, but please try not to worry about the proposals at this stage. It's unlikely anything will happen fast and the general election might mean that everything will change again. You can read Scope's explanation of the proposals here, it gives a good overview of what's being discussed. But if it's really affecting you, it might be worth taking a break from reading things about the changes if you can. I know that's not always easy with the way the internet works now.

Lots of members are feeling stressed out about it too, so you're definitely not alone. We'll be keeping everyone up to date with any changes and we're here if you need to talk about things :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • bubblecake263
    Options
    @Rosie_Scope I’m honestly trying so hard not to read the news but it always comes up. I stop using social media as I can’t handle seeing all that. I just feel so drained from all this. Having anxiety and panic attack everyday it’s draining 
  • kimkenzie202
    kimkenzie202 Community member Posts: 112 Courageous
    Options
    I'm starting to have doubts these proposals will even happen, it seems like a last ditch attempt to garner votes. These changes cannot happen until after the election and parliament has to agree to them and it depends on them being re-elected
  • bubblecake263
    Options
    @kimkenzie202 I really hope so, I just wish this anxiety and panic attack would just stop. I just feel physically and mentally exhausted
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.