If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Strange large payment

Options
Ramonica
Ramonica Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
I called today PIP to ask them to resend my award paperwork. While going through the process of my details on the automated system I was told the amount for my next payment and its a ridiculous high number. When I spoke to the advisor he said it must be a backpayment. The advisor said he will look into it and call me back?

But I have nothing to warrant a backpay and I am certain I am not in any of these "change of law" cases.

What could it be?

Comments

• TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 269 Pioneering
    Options
    I would wait for them to call and take it from there. When you say ridiculous, like what?
  • Ramonica
    Options
    I would wait for them to call and take it from there. When you say ridiculous, like what?
    almost 3000. the exact figure doesn't seem to calculate to anything, but I am bad with maths anyway. I will wait. Not sure if i should call again?
  • TheManFromLondon
    Options
    Give it some time, maybe call them tomorrow again if they don't call back.
  • Ramonica
    Options
    Give it some time, maybe call them tomorrow again if they don't call back.
    The other thing is, focused on that, forgot to ask my award to be sent again.  :| I will call again in a couple of hours, if they dont call back.
  • TheManFromLondon
    Options
    Ah, been there, traits  ;)
  • Ramonica
    Options
    I called again and it said the same amount. i only asked my papers, but mentioned I am expecting a call and the person said they could see I am due for a call back. Lets see.
  • Ramonica
    Options
    The advisor called, the money is correct. Still have doubts, because the reason he told me, I am sure I get the right money back then. I said I will get a letter with all that in the next 2 weeks.

I have heard peope saying the automated line gives wrong figures, apparently thats a myth.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,046 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How did you manage to ring them before 9am because PIP lines don’t open until this time. 

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Telephone: 0800 121 4433
    Textphone: 0800 121 4493
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 4433
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet
    Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

The automated payment line doesn’t usually give details of any money that’s owed. It’s also known to give incorrect information. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ramonica
    Options
    How did you manage to ring them before 9am because PIP lines don’t open until this time. 

British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet

The automated payment line doesn’t usually give details of any money that’s owed. It’s also known to give incorrect information. 

I called and they did, Call them and challenge them why their line works. Yesterday it didn't at all, obviously they are having some technical issues. But you didnt think that, didnt you?

Yesterday you told me to leave you alone. This is a two ways road. You cant have it only how you like it,

Please, leave me alone.
  • Ramonica
    Options
    https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/117527/pip-phone-lines-today#latest

They probably dealing with backlog or the whole thing went bananas.

You wont make me question my sanity, THEY ANSWERED.
  • TheManFromLondon
    Options
    @Ramonica Ignore that. Be the better woman.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,046 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ramonica said:

I called and they did, Call them and challenge them why their line works. Yesterday it didn't at all, obviously they are having some technical issues. But you didnt think that, didnt you?

Yesterday you told me to leave you alone. This is a two ways road. You cant have it only how you like it,

Please, leave me alone.
    I wasnt referring to you when I said that. I will now do as you asked and will make no further comments to you. Have a good day. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ramonica
    Options
    @Ramonica Ignore that. Be the better woman.
    I dont understand, some veterans here, one day are so helpful the next they act like total bullies. I called, they answered, why would i come here lie about it? This strange attack has began with the Autism topic and I feel we are been harassed in a way. Dont like that.
  • TheManFromLondon
    Options
    @Ramonica We are all kind tense about all happening, and it reflects on multiple levels.

like everyone else, I may end up without my PIP at some point and it will be really hard.

It looks like it, but I think nobody is really attacking us. I personally have a serious case of paranoia people plotting against me and have caused a mess in the past with all kind if relationships. But the fact is, I burned bridges.

People here, those veterans you call them, mean well. They are humans, they have their limits, boundaries and disability or not, while they do understand it, they dint have to tolerate or submit to it.

If you look closely you can tell who is a genuine helper and who try to pour gas in the fire here.

I have got help from people who later fallen out. Chat is a hard thing for some of us autistics as you know. We can’t interpret people right in front if us, its really a mess when its just text.

Remind yourself how many times these people have helped you here. I have seen your posts.

Please, relax, and treat yourself something nice with the unexpected money.
  • Ramonica
    Options
    @Ramonica We are all kind tense about all happening, and it reflects on multiple levels.

like everyone else, I may end up without my PIP at some point and it will be really hard.

It looks like it, but I think nobody is really attacking us. I personally have a serious case of paranoia people plotting against me and have caused a mess in the past with all kind if relationships. But the fact is, I burned bridges.

People here, those veterans you call them, mean well. They are humans, they have their limits, boundaries and disability or not, while they do understand it, they dint have to tolerate or submit to it.

If you look closely you can tell who is a genuine helper and who try to pour gas in the fire here.

I have got help from people who later fallen out. Chat is a hard thing for some of us autistics as you know. We can’t interpret people right in front if us, its really a mess when its just text.

Remind yourself how many times these people have helped you here. I have seen your posts.

Please, relax, and treat yourself something nice with the unexpected money.
    Thank you
  • Deppi
    Deppi Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    Ramonica said:

You dont have to worry about your sanity. This has happened before. PIP call centre was down at some point last year (or 2022), and they used the Universal Credit call centre to reroute and handle the calls. I know because that day I called and my query was such that they actually told me they could not get to the other system because I was calling PIP and they were UC and someone would get in touch, and they did. Mind you, the whole automated thing was still PIP. IT spaghetti I guess, they have a way to do all that.

Universal Credit lines work from 8am. If they used this workforce or technical platform, it makes sense you were answered, considering the fact they did have technical problems yesterday.

• Deppi
    Options

They are also very forgiving, if I may add.
  • Community_Scope
    Community_Scope Posts: 1,006 Scope online community team
    Options

Hello everyone, 

This discussion has become quite tense and has seen some escalation. We can see that parties have parted ways now but we would like to take this moment to give a few reminders.

Please remember that all discussions on Scope’s online community should remain civil, supportive, and safe.  

Please also remember that if you see content that you believe is not civil towards you the best action to take it to report that post and to not respond and escalate the issue. It is very possible for situations like that to spin out of control and cause more upset for all involved.

For more information, please read our online community house rules. 

Online community team

• Ramonica
    Options
    Deppi said:
    Ramonica said:

You dont have to worry about your sanity. This has happened before. PIP call centre was down at some point last year (or 2022), and they used the Universal Credit call centre to reroute and handle the calls. I know because that day I called and my query was such that they actually told me they could not get to the other system because I was calling PIP and they were UC and someone would get in touch, and they did. Mind you, the whole automated thing was still PIP. IT spaghetti I guess, they have a way to do all that.

Universal Credit lines work from 8am. If they used this workforce or technical platform, it makes sense you were answered, considering the fact they did have technical problems yesterday.

Thank you for that. I seriously lost my mind and had a meltdown over this looking at the clock and my mobile calls times back and forth, it was SO confusing, I had a derealisation episode, it all felt like a bad dream that all were mixed up.
  • Deppi
    Options
    @Ramonica You're welcome. Feel better soon.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.