If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA decision/backdated pay

Options
ronaldo89
ronaldo89 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
edited May 3 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all. Thanks for the advice and support from everyone on here who has helped on my previous posts.

I recieved the good news today that I am on LCWRA after just 2 weeks and 1 day. Such a relief.

Final question. How long does it normally take for them to pay the backdated amount. I'm aware the first 3 months don't count but I have been sending fit notes for 6 months.

Thanks again everyone. This forum and it's volunteers give people like me some hope with your kind words and brilliant knowledge on the benefits system which I don't know too much about.
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I see from a previous thread that you already had LCWRA but started a new claim when you moved house.

As I advised on that thread you didn’t need to make a new claim. 

When you started a new claim were there any gaps at all between claims? If there wasn’t and your only reason for starting a new claim was because of a house move then the LCWRA element should have been included from the start of your new claim. 

I tried to advise you on that thread but you didn’t return. See thread https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/114935/uc-wca-assessment#latest
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ronaldo89
    Options
    There was a few week gap until I started the new claim. But sick notes were provided from the beginning of the new claim. So I had new payment date.

How long will it be till I get the backdated amount? Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    What I'm saying is that the LCWRA element shouldn't have stopped, it should have been paid from the start of that new claim. Didn't you ask about that when you claimed again?

I would have expected you to have kept the same payment dates when you reclaimed, was this correct?

I'd advise you to put a message onto your journal and remind them that you had LCWRA before you started a new claim and ask why this element wasn't included from the start of your current claim. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ronaldo89
    Options
    Ok. Ill ask again, How long will it take to get the backdated amount? I already did this at the start of the claim but it is a new claim so the process started again.

How long does it take to get the backdated payment
  • ronaldo89
    Options
    Different payment dates
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Very often it can take quite a few weeks to pay what is owed. 
    ronaldo89 said:
    Different payment dates
    That makes no sense because you already had a claim open so the dates should have remained the same. I don't even understand why your previous claim actually closed anyway. It shouldn't close by moving house. 

The reason I'm advising this is because you've lost money that you were rightfully entitled to, going by the information you gave. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.