If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is scottgordon!I want to apply for UC/LCWRA, but I’m scared to apply in case I lose pip

Options
scottgordon
scottgordon Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 3 in Universal Credit (UC)
I need some advice about LCWRA .  I have unipolar-depression with pyschosis (and CPTSD, OCD, and other stuff )
I get PiP high rate but now my rent has gone up I was going to apply for UCredit and read about LWCRA but I’m scared to apply in case I lose my PiP
I was dismissed from work and get tier one full medical pension but it’s not much.  I take 3 different meds anti depressants beta blockers and anti psychotic quetiapine 150 throughout the day .  It knocks me out and has restricted my life but it helps wigh the psychosis and insomnia .  Would being on this med at this doseage make me eligible for LCWRA or am I wrong.  My union rep advised me to apply four years  ago when I got dismissed but I didn’t do it . Any advice I’d be grateful to hear 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,782 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey there @scottgordon and welcome to the community. :)

Please don't worry about applying for UC, that wont have any effect on your PIP at all as they're two separate benefits. I'd be unable to say if you'd get LCWRA, as that's up to the DWP, but it'd be worth applying for sure.  
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • scottgordon
    Options
    Thank you for the reply I appreciate it.  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,269 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It won't affect it in a bad way. When you claim UC please make sure you report your health condition and provide a fit note within 7 days of that. You must continue to provide a fit note without a gaps until a decision is made on your work capability assessment. 

Do also be aware that when you claim UC you will be treated as a job seeker until a decision is made on your WCA. It's a work coaches discretion to either turn off or reduce commitments, some do and others don't. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • scottgordon
    Options
    Thanks for the really.  Do I need a fit note off my GP? I’ve got lots of evidence in other ways(psych reports etc) I  just hate going to my GP for these things. Thanks for your help 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,269 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes you will need to provide fit notes, without those they won't refer you for the work capability assessment. Once you're referred you will be sent the UC50 form to fill in and return. Make sure you send relevant evidence when you return that form. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • scottgordon
    Options
    Thank you that’s helpful to know .  I will apply in August when my rent increases and see how it goes . 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.