If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work Focused Interview to Commitments review appointment

Options
ilovechickpeas
ilovechickpeas Community member Posts: 42 Connected

Hi everyone,   

I feel like my work coach is working against me because I’ve been booked in for a commitments review appointment.  

Prior to that, i was only having work focused interviews. I was on (LCW)

I only had work focused interviews since 2021 and my appointments at the job Center were every 3 months, because I was on (LCW) .  

then DWP sent me another UC50 form for reassessment in December,  I’ve filled the form and  sent it, however,  I’m still waiting for an appointment letter to be reassessed.  It’s been 6 months so far no appointment letter. 

Now my questions is, why have my appointments changed from my regular work focused interviews to a commitments review appointment, if I’m on LCW 

Is this normal procedure? (Because my commitments haven’t been updated since 2021) 

Why are my commitments being updated if I’m still waiting for a reassessment date for LCW? 

It’s left me  feeling confused and not being able to trust my work coach I feel like everything I openly discuss with him he’s working against me.  

I don’t know how these things work so it’s left me feeling very anxious, maybe I’m dwelling on it for no reason.

I have my job centre appointment next week which I’m dreading. I struggle with an anxiety disorder, I’m on medication for it, it’s exacerbated my  mental health. 

If I’m still waiting for reassessment for UC50 ,  how do I deal with this commitments review appointment next week?  

Please can someone help me, I’m just really worried. 

What shall I do in the mean time ?

Shall I leave a message on the journal? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,129 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They probably forgot about you because back in 2021 commitments were relaxed some what due to covid. Now they are catching up and could expect more from you. 

They are being updated because you only have LCW which means attending work focused interviews as that's usually what's expected of you when you have LCW. 

Yes, you will need to do what is expected of you because otherwise you could be sanctioned. Once a decision is made on your WCA if you're found to have LCWRA then the only commitments you'll have is to report all changes. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ilovechickpeas
    Options
    Thanks for answering my query,

So while I’m waiting for a reassessment , does that mean I’m no longer in the catagory of LCW ? 

My condition hasn’t improved since my last assessment I had. 

Also, what would my new commitments review be about  Will my work coach discuss  with me  my current condition ? 
  • ilovechickpeas
    Options
    It’s generally the appointment next week that I’m worried about, it’s the uncertainty, what will be covered during a commitment review appointment ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,129 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    While you wait for the decision you still have LCW.

The appointment is to discuss and agree to your new commitments, I have no idea what they will be. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ilovechickpeas
    Options
    Ok , thank you @poppy123456 for answering my questions.  Have a good evening . 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.