Hi, my name is Amiemay30__! i home school my child age 8 with autism and learning disabilities.

Amiemay30__
Amiemay30__ Community member Posts: 2 Listener
i home school my child age 8 with autism and learning disabilities i would like to make friends with other mums and dads and maybe do meet ups at parks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,054 Championing
    Just so that you're aware Scope do not support meeting other members. 
  • Amiemay30__
    Amiemay30__ Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    i’m sorry , i’ll delete this
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,054 Championing
    You have nothing to be sorry for. You just need to be very careful on internet forums. I have met one person on here quite a few times and we've become good friends but we had been friends  for a couple of years before that. We had also spoke on the phone quite a few times before we met. 

When we did eventually meet, I took my daughter with me and she took her son and daughter in law, just to be safe for all of us. We met in a large shopping centre and went for coffee and cake. 

I've since been to her house quite a few time and we've been out for lunch, visited garden centres and speak on the phone at least every 10 days or so. She's such a lovely person! and has the most adorable cat! 

Scope do not support this but we did announce it on the forum before we met because we were both so excited and a little nervous too of course. 

Scope is an internet forum where many members post and many have become online friends. It's a very supportive place to be and so many members are so friendly. Please have a look around and join in with any discussions you want to. Or perhaps you have some questions you need answering, whether it's life in general, benefits questions or just to have a little moan  ;)
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 6,910 Online Community Coordinator
    Hey there @Amiemay30__ and welcome to the community from me too. :)

I understand that home schooling can be tough work and can get lonely sometimes. So I hope the community will be a place for you to make some new friends and have a good natter. :)

For your safety, we do prefer people to chat on the community, but please don't think it's a strict no DMs rule. We just want everyone to be careful. :)