Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is Amiemay30__! i home school my child age 8 with autism and learning disabilities.

Options
Amiemay30__
Amiemay30__ Community member Posts: 2 Listener
i home school my child age 8 with autism and learning disabilities i would like to make friends with other mums and dads and maybe do meet ups at parks 

Comments

• Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 15,866 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi. I’m sure you will get some advice. I just popped in to welcome you to our lovely Scope community x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,990 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just so that you're aware Scope do not support meeting other members. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Amiemay30__
    Amiemay30__ Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    i’m sorry , i’ll delete this
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,990 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You have nothing to be sorry for. You just need to be very careful on internet forums. I have met one person on here quite a few times and we've become good friends but we had been friends  for a couple of years before that. We had also spoke on the phone quite a few times before we met. 

When we did eventually meet, I took my daughter with me and she took her son and daughter in law, just to be safe for all of us. We met in a large shopping centre and went for coffee and cake. 

I've since been to her house quite a few time and we've been out for lunch, visited garden centres and speak on the phone at least every 10 days or so. She's such a lovely person! and has the most adorable cat! 

Scope do not support this but we did announce it on the forum before we met because we were both so excited and a little nervous too of course. 

Scope is an internet forum where many members post and many have become online friends. It's a very supportive place to be and so many members are so friendly. Please have a look around and join in with any discussions you want to. Or perhaps you have some questions you need answering, whether it's life in general, benefits questions or just to have a little moan  ;)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,149 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey there @Amiemay30__ and welcome to the community from me too. :)

I understand that home schooling can be tough work and can get lonely sometimes. So I hope the community will be a place for you to make some new friends and have a good natter. :)

For your safety, we do prefer people to chat on the community, but please don't think it's a strict no DMs rule. We just want everyone to be careful. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.