Non dependant earnings - UC

JonnycJonny
JonnycJonny Scope Member Posts: 167 Empowering
Is it still necessary to inform DWP - via the UC Journal - of a non dependant's earnings if you have PIP Daily Living ( enhanced )  ? I know a deduction from the housing element is not made but should you inform them anyway ?

Thank you

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    edited May 9
    It's irrelevant to PIP but may be relevant to other benefits which are means tested
  • JonnycJonny
    I read that if you are on PIP then a non dependant deduction will not be taken from the UC claim. Perhaps I am mistaken about the earnings ( it's  probably irrelevant as you say ) it's the exemption from housing contribution that I need clarity on
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,128 Championing
    You need to be claiming daily living PIP for non dependent deductions not to apply. Even then they may ask for earnings details from the non dependent just for their records.

I still claim housing benefit and when my daughter left education my LA asked me for details of her UC claim even though I also claim daily living PIP. 
  • JonnycJonny
    I claim PIP Daily living. Do I leave a UC Journal message reminding them that I get PIP and how much he ( non dependant ) has earned  in the period ?