Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

18 year old son stays in his room all the time

Options
solid731
solid731 Community member Posts: 1 Listener

I have an 18year old son on the spectrum I am a solo mum and love him so much but I feel we are becoming distant as he stays in his room all the time. I, we need some help!

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,386 Scope online community team
    edited May 19
    Options

Hello @solid731 and a warm welcome to the community. :)

My children are a little younger than yours but my eldest is almost 17 and we've gone through similar. Was it a sudden change in your son or has he gradually increased the amount of time he likes to spend alone?

Does your son have any interests outside of the home?

Could you look to find something non-demanding that you could do together? We usually find a new series to watch through together, it helps as there is no pressure to talk but we inevitable end up chatting away.

Twinkl have a few ideas of ways to reconnect which might be of interest to you.

Community Manager
    Scope
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.