Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Limited capability pip

Options
Ryan111
Ryan111 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Hello

I need some advice as i dont know what to do. I started a job 2 weeks ago as i wanted to make my own money. I was very excited! but im starting to feel overwhelmed with the job and the travelling there and back. Im on the autism waiting list and receive pip i was awarded the advances one and a mobility car. I was also getting capability of work payment and universal credit. I struggle to drive by myself and have to have someone with me but i received counciling and started going to local shops by myself in the car.

I dont want to be on uc forever thats why i got a job. But what im finding is im in traffic on the way and back from work. and im having to pull over as i use to avoid traffic times. as i feel anxious Im also having to deal with a lot of people , Which i wasn’t aware of and wasnt told this. Also when i go to sleep for work i struggle to sleep with anxiety ill sleep in. What do i fo or should do.

my paryner was my carer but with me starting work ive had to change it but she still has to cook and still fo caree this as im scared to use pans and hot stuff with fear of burning myself. I would love to hear some advice as im panicking and thinking ive made a mistake

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,092 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I'm sorry to hear that working has caused you so much more anxiety but well done for at least trying to work. If your partner was claiming either carers allowance or carers element of UC for looking after you, they didn't need to stop claiming it. You can still have a carer and work. There's 24 hours in a day and caring needs to be at least 35 hours per week so plenty more hours left to actually care for you.

If you're unable to continue working then stopping and handing in your notice will not affect your UC because you've already been found to have LCW and can't be sanctioned.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ryan111
    Ryan111 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options

Hi thanks for getting back to me she thought she had too. And yeah its really setting me off. And im scared incase uc say nope you have to start capability all over again.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,092 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Your LCW wouldn't just end when you start working. It's an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise. Your partner will need to report changes and tell them they are now caring for you again and then the carers element will be included. (assuming that you're claiming UC as a couple)

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.