Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hello I’m Natalie

Options
Natz40
Natz40 Community member Posts: 20 Connected

hello I’m Natalie .

I’m 41 late diagnosed ASD . I also have kyphosis ( my spine curves out and that makes my rib cage stick out ) I get pain feels like a heavy dull ache across my top part where the arch is . I have mental health issues, social anxiety, anxiety and I do feel ADHD but don’t have the spoons to even bother getting a diagnosis.
I haven’t worked/ been able to since 2014 as when I tried , I would get sick dizzy, my stomach would bloat due to being constantly stood up then sat down also bending down , etc , coming home crying, feeling angry , not being able to properly communicate with customers and sometimes this would be in a rude way . Masked heavily which is why I would come home crying. My daughter is 21 and lives with me as she helps me out on the days I’m struggling so she will cook hot meals as I can not cope with the overwhelming heat and steam in kitchens ! She will hoover and also make sure I eat as I have had and still do have an eating disorder, will only eat certain foods at the same time , I won’t go on as maybe someone who reads this can relate as some of this is from being autistic. I joined the forum as I emailed scope due to the horrible benefits rules they are trying to implement.
I am terrified and although I have hidden disabilities this affects my life every day .

I also have PPPD which is persistent postural perceptual dizziness. When it’s bad it’s bad and can’t mange a walk , but I feel the dizziness every day and this sounds strange but I can’t walk on bright pavements and go near puddles because I panic and feel disoriented

My last pip review was so traumatic I couldn’t speak for days . My daughter witnessed it all as she was present as it was over the phone . They took me of it but she helped me get it back it didn’t go too tribunals as they had no proof things had changed which they haven’t.

I would love to be part of this community and hopefully make friends who understand and don’t judge me .

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.