Contribution Based ESA PIP And SDP

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,306 Championing

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your neighbour.

CB ESA can be claimed even without indefinite leave to remain because it's a NI contributions benefit. For Income Related benefits the rules are different. As your case is rather complicated for that reason then I'm afraid I won't be able to advise you on this. You would need to get some expert advice from an agency near you.

Unfortunately, I can't advise about the form because I don't know anything about your circumstances. If a question doesn't apply then you would put N/A (not applicable) rather than N/O.

If you're not already claiming help with the rent through Housing benefit then any claim for help with the rent would need to be Universal Credit. Unless you're living in temporary housing and then rent would be through housing benefit.

If you're already claiming for help with the rent and you move to the same local authority (council) then it would just be a change of address and you can remain on your existing benefits. If you moved to a different LA then you would need to claim UC for help with the rent. (unless it's temporary housing)

If you claimed UC you would still be paid any money that's owed to you.

• kami_84
    kami_84 Community member Posts: 17 Listener

Hello Poppy,

Thank you for your answer. I am just not yet sure of what's going to happen. But I do want to send this through to them so I don't loose out on anything.