Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

SunflowerValley - About me.

Options
SunflowerValley
SunflowerValley Community member Posts: 107 Pioneering

Hi, I'm SunflowerValley and I am disabled. I only have the use of one arm. My legs and right arm doesn't really move. I don't know why I can't walk but it started when I had a bone marrow transplant. About a year or two after I had a seizure and I woke up in hospital and can only move my eyes. I gained strength and movement a bit but mostly only in my left arm and hand. I have scoliosis and have had surgery to have a metal rod in a few years back. I also had cancer but thankfully it only needed removing. I had type 2 diabetes but reversed it and I suffer with many problems. This includes a lot of pain and mental struggles. Iv'e had many other problems but there is too many to discuss. 🙂

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,537 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @SunflowerValley

I've enjoyed reading your posts so far

You seem so cheery for someone who has had so many issues, I thought maybe it would have been easier if you had listed what you haven't gone through

I hope you stick around and to see more of you on here 😊

• SunflowerValley
    Options

Hello @66Mustang , Thank you. I have been enjoying talking to everyone. It is nice to have been able to talk to people. It is hard to be happy sometimes but I have been trying to not let it stop me from living. Recently I have been struggling though which is why I thought I would try talking to people here. That was probably the easiest idea to put it. 😂 Definitely, I would love to. I am also here if you need to talk too. 😊

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member Posts: 23,542 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @SunflowerValley We enjoy talking to you. You can join in as little or as much as you like. We are here to help and support each other where we can. I am sorry you have been struggling recently and hope joining the forum has helped you. Take care.

• SunflowerValley
    Options

Thank you, I enjoy talking to everyone too. Sometimes I find it hard to join in. Thank you, it has actually. It feels good to talk about it, especially when it isn't to your family. I feel disconnected from my family, I barely see anyone apart from my parents and my little sister. And I still sometimes feel alone. You take care too, and I'm here if you need to talk too. 😊

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.